If you are encountering deployment issues with a SharePoint Solution's product, Microsoft provides a very simple WSP deployment package which you can use to test your SharePoint farm for deployment-related issues.
Please follow these simple steps to troubleshoot a deployment issue.
Obtain the test .WSP package From Microsoft
- Navigate to http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/SharePoint2010Code/
- Click Downloads
- Save SharePoint2010_BrandingSolution.zip to a location on the server
- Open the .ZIP file an browse to '\SharePoint2010_BrandingSolution\SharePoint2010_BrandingSolution\bin\Debug'
- Copy the SharePoint2010_BrandingSolution.wsp file to a folder on the Central Admin server
Use the SharePoint Management Shell to add the package to the farm
- Open the SharePoint Management Shell
- PS C:\> Add-SPSolution -LiteralPath "[..path..]\SharePoint2010_BrandingSolution.wsp"
Use Central Administration to deploy the package to a web application
- Open IE and browse to Central Administration
- Navigate to 'System Settings -> Manage Farm Solutions'
- From the Farm Solutions page click 'sharepoint2010_brandingsolution.wsp'
- Deploy the solution to the desired web application.